POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Preparedness : Re: Preparedness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preparedness
From: waggy
Date: 21 Aug 2012 11:45:00
Message: <web.5033ac184efa98349726a3c10@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> >> (How
> >> do you get over the fact that your audience doesn't give a damn, for
> >> example?)
> >
> > If you're positively excited about it, you might have a chance.
>
> Perhaps. But it's difficult to come across as excited and passionate
> when you're terrified to your mortal core.

People have empathy. If you are excited and passionate, those in your audience
will feel some of that themselves. Having been in your situation themselves,
they will also understand your nervousness.

> > Best advice when standing in front of a crowd looking at you: Find a
> > friendly face. (And then talk to that face, or whatever other friendly
> > ones you can find. Don't address the audience - address the individual
> > people sitting there.)

One of the best things I learned at instructor school is that it is normal to be
nervous.

And indeed, after a few months of daily presentations, I found that I'd give a
lousy lecture if I didn't feel any butterflies at the lectern. Since then I
cultivate a small degree of stage fright, if necessary.