POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Texturing the Stone of Orlov or the Great Mogul Diamond : Re: Texturing the Stone of Orlov or the Great Mogul Diamond Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texturing the Stone of Orlov or the Great Mogul Diamond
From: MichaelJF
Date: 20 Aug 2012 15:40:01
Message: <web.50329242de95511561a6f3b40@news.povray.org>
And here is the stone in his natural environment. As soon as I saw the stone I
recognized him as the egg of the long forgotten diamond cuckoo. In a case of
need his mother dropped her egg in the nest of a magpie. The magpie - unaware of
the betrayal - tried to nurse her beloved son and soon recognized that he was
very fond of precious stones, golds and other juwelry. So she tried to find thst
kind of food for him and tries it even until today...

(In fact I've only once noticed that magpies were fond of shiny things. It was a
cherry cake my wife has forgotten in our small garden wrapped in aluminiun
foliage...).

Best regrads,

Michael and enyoy my lost entry to the TC-RTC April 2012.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'magpiecuckoo_pbi.jpg' (60 KB)

Preview of image 'magpiecuckoo_pbi.jpg'