POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. : Re: I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I should not have looked it up.
From: waggy
Date: 4 Aug 2012 16:10:01
Message: <web.501d809ab60607959726a3c10@news.povray.org>
> > How the hell they think medicine would have advanced, if every time
> > someone wanted to run an experiment, they had to pay half their research
> > budget to buy papers on the prior experiments done in the same field, is
> > beyond me.
>
> Let me fill you in: THEY DON'T CARE. So long as somebody gives them
> money. ;-)

Oh, but they do.  Sure, the managers get credit for the annual budget they
control.  But, they also get credit for the number of people working for them,
and for the total value of the infrastructure and equipment they control.
Anything that eats into the budget without contributing the others is
non-optimal.