POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I should not have looked it up. : Re: I should not have looked it up. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I should not have looked it up.
From: waggy
Date: 1 Aug 2012 21:35:00
Message: <web.5019d82fb60607959726a3c10@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron  wrote:

> Do they expect automatic translation to be successful on your thesis ?

If I knew what they expected, I would have delivered it. Part of the challenge
is to figure out, usually by trial and error, the secret idiosyncratic standards
by which each professor will grade their students' written work. They won't tell
you what those standards are because, as graduate students, we should already
know.

Warp wrote:
> Btw, it made me recall this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_English_usage_misconceptions

Ah, but attempts to correct academic authorities only reinforce how misguided
the student must be. They know their writing style is correct because it's been
published. (The US Air Force has published several hundred thousand words I
wrote or edited, but only proper journal publications and such count here.)