POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Aug 2012 03:25:01
Message: <web.5018d8fb3c69e2cf5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Akira, I found real odd. Princess Mononoke was a bit
> better, but I prefer series myself.

Akira was good I thought, although the first version I ever saw (on VHS) was so
badly translated that I really had no chance of deconvolving the plot. I thought
Princess Mononoke was excellent, but then most of Miyazaki's work is excellent.
I have a soft spot for Nausicaa myself.

> Better bet might be something like Ghost in the Shell.

This. I just finished watching Stand Alone Complex, and I think it's one of the
best tv series of any genre/medium I've ever seen.

Also, I'd advise against Neon Genesis Evangelion as an introduction to anime ;-)

I am now trying to decide on what series to watch next...