POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Telling a good story : Re: Telling a good story Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Telling a good story
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Jul 2012 23:00:01
Message: <web.5010b1cd859dd49620e004f70@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> On 24/07/2012 10:02 PM, nemesis wrote:
> > what good story is in Pirates of the Caribbean?  Fun blockbuster?  Sure!  Makes
> > any sense?  No.
>
> If you think the story doesn't /make sense/, you're clearly doing
> something very, very wrong.

says the dude who wouldn't figure out the narrative arc from monkeys to space in
A Space Odissey... -_-

Don't get me wrong, it does make sense as a sequence of banalities.  It's just
non-sense by itself, specially irritating when actors act all serious and
dramatic spilling their irrelevant lines...

I'd say it's the most fun and expensive B movie(s) ever...

BTW, you guys do know it's based on the Disney attraction in their parks, right?