POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Confusion about the index of refraction : Confusion about the index of refraction Server Time
30 Apr 2024 04:02:37 EDT (-0400)
  Confusion about the index of refraction
From: Chaanakya
Date: 17 Jul 2012 08:55:02
Message: <web.500560817fd5a6c37f523b7e0@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to figure this out for a while.  Let's say one specifies an ior
of 1.5 (in the interior {} block).  Can't POV-Ray automatically calculate the
reflectance and transmittance?  It knows the angle of the incident light and the
index of refraction of the two media.  Even with the fresnel keyword, however,
POV-Ray still requires me to manually calculate and plug in the reflectance and
transmittance.  Am I missing something?

Sincerely,

Chaanakya