POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mesh2: vertex_vectors and normal_vectors : mesh2: vertex_vectors and normal_vectors Server Time
26 Jun 2024 12:39:48 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2: vertex_vectors and normal_vectors
From: Ansgar
Date: 16 Jul 2012 04:15:00
Message: <web.5003cc13bfc2ad88940d19d60@news.povray.org>
Hi there.

I have several mesh2 objects (generated from 3ds files with Rheingold3D) which
work just fine when I use them in Povray scenes.
However, I'd also like to import them into a realtime 3D engine (Irrlicht) to do
a kind of preview.
I'm currently writing a parser to do just that.

Now the problem: I noticed that several of the meshes have fewer normal_vectors
than vertex_vectors. How is the assignment done in these cases, meaning, how do
I know which normal vectors belong to which vertex vectors?