POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Setting the SYS file type : Setting the SYS file type Server Time
27 Apr 2024 18:01:34 EDT (-0400)
  Setting the SYS file type
From: Jonathan
Date: 14 Jul 2012 08:10:01
Message: <web.50015f76efb7f6d6b4d36cf70@news.povray.org>
Hi, I have a short question, which I can't find the answer to in the
documentation.

How do I specify the SYS file type in Linux?  I'm getting an error message
"Possible Parse Error: This platform has not defined a SYS file type".

I've tried setting 'Output_File_Type=T' in
/usr/local/share/povray-3.7/ini/povray.ini, to which the library path is
pointing, but that doesn't seem to work.

--------
Longer background; skip if you know the answer already!
--------
I compiled 3.7 RC 6 from source yesterday, with the intention of using POVRay in
conjunction with the CAD program CYCAS.  CYCAS has the ability to write a  file
and call povray to render it, but it is failing with the error message above.

Specifically, CYCAS is writing an image_map statement that reads
[code]
pigment { image_map { sys "/home/jonathan/CYCAS3//tex/wood1.tga" map_type 0    }
scale <1.00, 1.00> translate <0.00, 0.00> rotate 90*x }
[/code]

If I edit the file s/ sys / tga / then it will render correctly, but that's
clunky and of course I have no control over how CYCAS writes its povray output
(AIUI, using the sys file type in that way is syntactically legal, but not
recommended)

So, how do I tell Povray 3.7 RC 6 that the SYS file type on this platform [1] is
Targa?

Many thanks

Jonathan

[1]jonathan@Odin:~$ uname -a
Linux Odin 3.2.0-26-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 17:49:24 UTC 2012 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
jonathan@Odin:~$ povray --version
povray: This is a RELEASE CANDIDATE version of POV-Ray. General distribution is
discouraged.
POV-Ray 3.7.0.RC6