POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lonely tree : Re: Lonely tree Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lonely tree
From: nemesis
Date: 5 Jul 2012 14:25:00
Message: <web.4ff5db031b311391352a052d0@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > On 4-7-2012 2:31, jhu wrote:
> > > Not so lonely anymore.
> > >

> > The start of a forest? ;-)
> >
> > Somehow, the grass in this second image gives the impression of being an
> > image map, which it is not? there is a disturbing straight boundary.
> >
> > Your own tree model?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> A forest, eh? Might be a good idea.
>
> Also it's all grass. 6 GB worth of mesh grass.

That's quite insane.  I mean, sure there's a lot of grass blades there, but
aren't they all instances of the same simple geometry?  Why all that data?

BTW, that looks like a Blender exported scene.  Easy to create a grass blade
from a single plane, there's the builtin sapling add-on that creates tree likes
that (weeping lilly is one of the predefined models) and all you'd need is
create a big plane for the floor and in the physics tab apply a particle system
with the blade object as particle.