POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Difference issue : Re: Difference issue Server Time
17 May 2024 07:55:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference issue
From: jotito
Date: 3 Jul 2012 11:50:00
Message: <web.4ff31390fff3bb238aa27d610@news.povray.org>
> There is a construction problem as well as coincident surfaces that
> cause some additional problems.
>
> Changing the difference to an union.
> Giving distinct colour to each component...
> Pull back the camera to -9*z
> Adding a colour value to the light_source
> and we get:
>
> A smaller green box, a large red and a large blue box.
> Most of the green box is inside the others.
> The red and blue overlap.
> The red and blue boxes have coincident surfaces. This can throw
> insideness tests off.
>
> The problem is NOT version dependent, version 3.6 or 3.5 should render
> similarly.
>

> Alain

This bug is not present in version 3.6, I just rendered it in 3.6.2.

The boxes inside the union have coincident surfaces and that is causing the
problem. If I make an small change, lets say 3.0001 instead of 3, the problem
disappears. I hope you can fix this bug because is very annoying, and with
version 3.6 there was no problem.