POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sky : Re: Sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 15 Jun 2012 08:50:00
Message: <web.4fdb2f65fb965d0d5b7d07940@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> And yet, when I look outside, the world is /not/ tinged blue. So... WTH?

Your visual cortex is good at correcting for it. Also, the sun casts a lot more
light than the sky, so in direct sunlight the effect is muted. And of course,
cloud cover will hide blue sky-light and replace it with diffuse sunlight.

On a cloudless day, I think the blue tinge to shadows is quite obvious.