POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Red Dead Redemption : Re: Red Dead Redemption Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Red Dead Redemption
From: nemesis
Date: 21 May 2012 17:45:00
Message: <web.4fbab6e01dcf495d773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > First time around I completed a few main missions and then gone on just
> > wandering aimlessly through the desolate but beautiful lands, hunting the
> > various kind of fauna out there, helping strangers assailed by gangs or beasts,
> > accepting various sorts of challenges and duels, galloping with my horse like
> > there's no tomorrow.  That's not even counting the main plot!
>
>   You also get to play Texas Hold'em.

and five finger fillet. :)

> > I feel glad that 2 of the current generation top games have been historical
> > simulations of sorts.  I'm sick of war and marines of all kind...
>
>   Have you tried the Assassin's Creed series?

sure, that's the other of the 2 games I mentioned.

everyone loves screens, here's some:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7Rqr6jOrd7A/T6z4tgBfH4I/AAAAAAAADeI/mmwyRcJWpeI/s1600/red-dead-redemption-20100516105656671-3
210020.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/reddeadredemption/images/9/98/Red-dead-redemption-20100128005811943.jpg

http://www.i9artigos.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/red-dead-redemption-new-screens-100.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3WU59FOxwp4/TLDw5_RcbDI/AAAAAAAAAGE/dOPDDjMXeZA/s1600/Red-Dead-Redemption_2010_01-08-10_01.jp

all those mountains and prairies in the back are actual parts of the world, it's
plain amazing... they also display a few of the many kinds of gameplay
available...