POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! : Re: Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arg!!
From: Aydan
Date: 25 Apr 2012 10:50:01
Message: <web.4f980e19d2ed5d3771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > UNIX has rsync. Windows has the backup and restore tool. MacOS has time
> > machine. Which one is the problem?
>
>   Time Machine is the only one that's actually easy to use and fully
> automatic, and has a good file browser for backed files...
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

I've been using Acronis True Image for Windows for a few years now.
I haven't heard anything good about the later versions, but the one I use works
more or less. I used and still use it on 2k, XP and W7.
It just sometimes coughs on a backup job if it runa it directly after resume
from standby or hibernate, so I have to restart it manually.
You can do backups of folders or partitions via the live CD, you can restore
individual folders from a partition backup, or you just mount an image as read
only and browse it.
I set to to automatically make a new differential backup of my system drive
every week and I create a new backup job quarterly.
That said, I have 4 HDDs in my system:
- 60GB SSD as system drive
- 2TB for PVR data and
- 2TB for other stuff and data