POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : isosurface and max_gradient + anims : isosurface and max_gradient + anims Server Time
4 May 2024 06:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface and max_gradient + anims
From: Al Feersum
Date: 16 Apr 2012 07:25:02
Message: <web.4f8bffebe2f3f522eb6830ae0@news.povray.org>
Don't know if this is a bug or not, but something odd is happening.

Got an isosurface generated from a jpeg image (using Christoph Hormann's
'earth_simple_free.pov' from http://www.imagico.de/pov/earth_scene.php).  Just
trying to check how it renders, so I'm using KF3, KFF180 (60x3 frames) rotating
360*clock*axis - changing the axis >2=y, >1=x, else z.

Each time I render the isosurface, I get a max_gradient bailout.  Initially this
was set at 1.2, but after the first couple of frames I got a warning that the
max_gradient should be 45. I set this and restarted the render... the same
thing happened, stating that the max_gradient should be >105... /on the same
frame/.  Then, it states that the max_gradient should be >199!

Any ideas on what's going on?