POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soap Bubbles : Re: Soap Bubbles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soap Bubbles
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 21 Mar 2012 22:00:01
Message: <web.4f6a86a3cdb0c2884c2a424b0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Holy....
>
> That's a very wonderful picture

Thank you :)

> I wonder which apparatus it would take to even just try to make that in
> reality. with enough fans, wind tunnels, laser control, and a fast
> enough mega-cluster to even just get a single fraction of second to have
> that...

LOL, when I was rendering this I was thinking some sort of arcane wind elemental
control, or maybe just good old psionic ability to coerce a bubble into this
shape.

> Next silly step (???): have a movie in which bubble Lucy get morphed
> from or to a normal sphere.That would be a silly special effect!

Actually, I'm rendering this into a simple 30-second bubbles-falling movie right
now (sans Lucy), but morphing all of Lucy's vertices into a sphere - that's a
great idea! Hmmm....

Cheers
www.McGregorFineArt.com