POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth CSG Car WIP : Re: Smooth CSG Car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth CSG Car WIP
From: Tek
Date: 13 Mar 2012 06:00:01
Message: <web.4f5f19a869c92884282d16a80@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] KOSHERhotmailcom> wrote:

> Although the ability to do nice curves is apparent, the angular look
> that this particular model has would be useful as well.  This one has an
> Eastern Bloc look to it.
>
> Regards,
> John

I can see what you mean, though I was actually aiming for the look of a Japanese
car from the 80's. Something like an AE86.

Regarding the curves, I was initially planning to build a curvy supercar to show
off the smoothin. But during a test render I noticed how nicely it could do more
subtle curves on a very angular shape. I'll probably attempt something curvier
after this, but the angular shape is easier.