POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth CSG Car WIP : Re: Smooth CSG Car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth CSG Car WIP
From: Tek
Date: 11 Mar 2012 21:20:01
Message: <web.4f5d4e6569c928848ad7eaa80@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> Christian Froeschlin <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote:
> > that's pretty impressive ... especially that you also have
> > such control over the contours that the parts fit together.
>
> I agree, this is really interesting stuff. Have you tried exporting a
> tessellated mesh? (maybe via the isosurface approximation macros?). Just curious
> how that would turn out to speed up render times...
>
> Cheers
> www.McGregorFineArt.com

But if I wanted a mesh of a car it would be easier to build one in a mesh
editing program than to generate one from my isosurface.

Additionally I think the thin edges on the doors (which are not seperate
objects, just a cut carved into the surface) would cause problems for any
tesselation algorithm.