POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Monitor sizes : Re: Hardware sizes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware sizes
From: Aydan
Date: 8 Mar 2012 08:00:01
Message: <web.4f58aba36a5b69433771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

> >> Yep, I'd be interested to hear the answer to that one too.
> >
> >    Did you know that technology has to first be developed before it can
> > be used?
>
> OK. So why spend time and money developing a 32TB drive when you could
> just go develop a 64TB drive instead?

So why didn't Mr Benz build a 500HP S-Class with surround audion, ABS and 20
Airbags in 1886?
Just in case you're wondering:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benz_Patent-Motorwagen
Because he didn't know how to.

Why aren't you able to play beethoven's 7th when you were 5 years old?

That's basically the same question and the same answer: You didn't know how to.
The engineers didn't know how to either.
They had to spend decades to perfect the processes.