POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : smooth csg : smooth csg Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  smooth csg
From: Tek
Date: 1 Mar 2012 10:05:02
Message: <web.4f4f8f38237bc9d711277d9c0@news.povray.org>
Something I've been playing around with recently. Using isosurfaces and some
macros to make CSG with smoothing. I realise I'm not the first person to think
of this, but I thought my results were worth sharing.

This scene has a few shapes combined with a little smoothing, plus a moss
texture controlled by the same shapes but with more smoothing (so it finds the
nooks and crannies). Also the isosurface has cracks which are controlled by the
smoother pattern, so there's more cracks on the thinner edges.

I'll post the source some time soon, and will probably update my website to have
a few of my useful include files on it.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scsg_proximitypattern - copy.png' (754 KB)

Preview of image 'scsg_proximitypattern - copy.png'
scsg_proximitypattern - copy.png