POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a lttle contract work for my daughter : Re: a lttle contract work for my daughter Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a lttle contract work for my daughter
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 27 Feb 2012 14:10:00
Message: <web.4f4bd39f65caa3a2f979ef8e0@news.povray.org>

> There is also: http://xfrog.com/130-free-xfrogplants-now-available/
>
> Thomas

Thanks for the link, Thomas.

Back in 2005 I invested a large amount of money in xfrog libraries.
Now I feel that lighting, perspective and general composition are much more
important than anything else.
Furthermore nature generates specific patterns for plant communities, which are
not random.
If you have generated a good vegetation pattern, you need only a small number of
different meshes.
Therefore I will concentrate on my old vegetation simulation approach. Up to now
I haven't found another really convincing solution on that topic yet.

Norbert Kern