POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Salesman's dilemma : Re: Salesman's dilemma Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Salesman's dilemma
From: Shay
Date: 25 Feb 2012 11:15:01
Message: <web.4f4907ecbcdc98d8343b23870@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> My problem is that I'm pretty firmly in the mindset of 'I present the
> information about the product, just the facts (as I see them, at least),
> and let the person decide on their own'.  I could do and provide a
> sample to the person so they can try it first, but other than that...I'm
> not inclined to be a pushy salesman.

Don't do it then. People have all the facts they need about nutrition; Almost
all of them make terrible choices. Don't bet on common sense unless you're ready
to force it down their throats.

If you believe in a product, there's nothing wrong with being pushy. You'd push
health on your family, wouldn't you?

Alcohol, cigarettes, and lottery tickets sell themselves.

 -Shay