POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : kpovmodeler + povray 3.7 : Re: kpovmodeler + povray 3.7 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kpovmodeler + povray 3.7
From: eticre
Date: 7 Feb 2012 07:10:00
Message: <web.4f31148421e92224a4ff49b00@news.povray.org>
John Coppens <joh### [at] johncoppenscom> wrote:
> Hello people...
>
> The SVN version of kpovmodeler compiles well, but isn't really
> compatible anymore with 3.7 (only recognizes 3.1 and 3.5). In
> particular, the +QR option is not recognized by the newer povray.
> I'm no great C++ programmer, and even less knowledgeable about Qt,
> so I solved the options issue by gluing bothe KPM and povray together
> with a small Tcl script which removes unwanted options (see below).
>
> That works fine, but the TGA image generated by povray, and sent to
> stdout, is not recognized by KPM. I tried to write it to disk, and
> only Gimp actually reads it (GQview, Geeqie, and other don't).
>
> Is the TGA generated by povray some special variant?
>
> John
>
> #!/usr/bin/tclsh
>
> set cmd "exec -ignorestderr -- povray"
>
> foreach arg $argv {
>   if {$arg == "-QR"} continue
>   if {$arg == "+QR"} continue
>
>   append cmd " " $arg
> }
>
> append cmd " > /tmp/test.tga"
>
> exec echo $cmd >> /tmp/povlog
> eval $cmd
>
> exit 0

hallo

in kpovmodeler source find file "pmrendermode.cpp", at line 190
change
   if( m_radiosity )
      cl.append( QString( "+QR" ) );
   else
      cl.append( QString( "-QR" ) );

/* mod for povray 3.7
   if( m_radiosity )
      cl.append( QString( "+QR" ) );
   else
      cl.append( QString( "-QR" ) );
*/

and recompile

all work except render preview, i'v black image during rendering but think that
this is another problem infact preview not appear using povray command from
konsole.

installed kpm_patch.txt ?