POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : conserve_energy and fade_color bug : Re: conserve_energy and fade_color bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: conserve_energy and fade_color bug
From: Florian Siegmund
Date: 30 Jan 2012 11:10:01
Message: <web.4f26c04078f75b111fea7c900@news.povray.org>

> Those artifacts look weird indeed.
>
> Could it be that you have some coincident-surfaces problem? Is the
> bottom of the bowl's "foot" coincident with the plane on which it sits?
> If so, the artifacts aren't all that surprising, and lifting the bowl a
> bit off the plane should solve the issue.

No coincident surfaces, as far as I know. I am aware of this 'resident evil' and
I fight it wherever I can :)
The only thing I still have to work on is the bowl's curvature. At the touching
points of some csg objects the surface doesn't look smooth and flowing yet; the
refraction still looks a bit 'broken' in certain areas - between the rim and the
'body', for instance.

Regards,
Florian