POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brute force octree space partitioning : Brute force octree space partitioning Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:51 EDT (-0400)
  Brute force octree space partitioning
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 29 Jan 2012 20:05:01
Message: <web.4f25ebe37ec913dc94d713cc0@news.povray.org>
I knew I was going to be out of town for several days this week and wanted to
make sure my PC's processor time wasn't squandered while I was away. So, I set
up an experimental scene to do a series of progressively more detailed brute
force octree space partitioning renders, using sparse voxels to fill a Julia
fractal with spheres (just because). Here's a "contact sheet" of the resulting
frames.

I also made a full-res video of the various iteration levels and posted it on
Vimeo here: http://vimeo.com/35855241

Cheers,
Rob
www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'octreespacepartitioningjulia.jpg' (486 KB)

Preview of image 'octreespacepartitioningjulia.jpg'
octreespacepartitioningjulia.jpg