POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : beginner first attempt at creating an industrial landscape scene : beginner first attempt at creating an industrial landscape scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  beginner first attempt at creating an industrial landscape scene
From: rodv92
Date: 25 Jan 2012 23:50:02
Message: <web.4f20da4e35c654685d50475e0@news.povray.org>
Hello, in fact it's my first "real" scene. but i am not satisfied with it.
I have a lot to correct :

-realistic scales (real life sizes for objects)
-gamma
-realistic railroad powerlines
-better choice of textures for the cooling towers
-perturbations in the road texture, and just a bit on the concrete of the
buildings
-focal blur (but since the field is wide i dont know if it is necessary
-the fog is just here to block the view at the horizon. I will have to put big
mountains at long range or maybe some skyscrapers
-terrain unrealistic, will try geomorph or a macro to put boulders and rocks on
top of the normal.
-best practices for optimizations for quicker render (unions, etc...)
More objects, like an oil refinery on the side (looks beautiful at night)

I have the feeling that an open landscape is in some ways harder to get ok than
little scale object with a limited field of view.

-if anyone has some simple advices, i will be glad to read them !
last thing :
what i love with povray is that it stimulates a lot the brain spatial abilities
to perform translations, rotations and some long forgotten math. :)

image contains some macros of f-lohmueller (thanks) and skies from Mike Kost
(thanks).  trees from Gilles Tran. (Thanks)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rail0232.zip' (1494 KB)