POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Use of Sam Benge's strand utility : Re: Use of Sam Benge's strand utility Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of Sam Benge's strand utility
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Jan 2012 20:15:00
Message: <web.4f1e057631e14610db6dfed40@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> Not because this is such an outstanding scene, but just to show that
> Sam's nice strand utility (povray.binaries.utilities newsgroup: a
> texture generator for Windows: strands.exe; 13-9-2010 by Samuel Benge)
> can be very useful when used in combination with the displacement
> utility in Poseray. Here a produced strands image was used to displace
> the floor boards of the bridge.
>
> Thanks Sam!
>
> Thomas

Hmm, I figured nobody was using it; I'm glad that somebody is :)

Should I ever make a new version, I'll probably get a Bresenham line function
going (for efficiency), and maybe even investigate the possibility of having
antialiasing as an option.

I'll try to post some stuff generated by the utility soon. Hopefully I won't get
sidetracked like I usually do :)