POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cities : Re: cities Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cities
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 23 Jan 2012 17:30:00
Message: <web.4f1ddf3dfbb09c092781b77c0@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Another round of hyper-realistic or useful suggestions:

Always welcome!

> -Birds, clouds, aircraft contrails,
> -The environment, would a mountainous horizon perhaps? Or the sea coast?

Always desirable in any scene! Birds + aircraft I especially like the idea of.
I'd like to build my cities on some gentle hills eventually :)

> -Satellite dishes, you will not see unless you look at them.
> - Advertising?

There will be no advertising in my city ;-) It's not as noticeable in UK cities
anyway. Satellite dishes will probably come under my desire for enhanced roof
furniture.

> - The reflection in the windows. The point is that in reality, crystals are not
> perfectly aligned. Add a little bump distortion to make us believe we are seeing
> a photograph.

Good point. I've used this trick to good effect with bricks in the past, it
should work especially well with modern all-glass skyscrapers.

> btw, excelent job and nice renders

Thanks!