POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Cannot install for KDE : Cannot install for KDE Server Time
2 May 2024 09:35:49 EDT (-0400)
  Cannot install for KDE
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 18 Jan 2012 17:20:01
Message: <web.4f174558e986070385de7b680@news.povray.org>
I have just installed POV-Ray 3.6 for Linux.  When I try to do the KDE
integration, I get the message:

POV-Ray 3.6 installation

installing KDE integration for user 'ricky'...
could not determine user KDEHOME directory.
make sure KDE is correctly installed

As far as I can tell, KDE is working fine.  The POV-Ray test run ran fine,
although the output window was strangely transparent.

OS: openSUSE Linux 12.1
Hardware: HP Pavilion dv5030us Notebook PC (32 bits, as far as I'm aware)