POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fun with aoi and slope Patterns... : Re: Fun with aoi and slope Patterns... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun with aoi and slope Patterns...
From: waggy
Date: 22 Dec 2011 17:55:00
Message: <web.4ef3b4e9834013999726a3c10@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Basically, this was using shading by aoi pattern from a fixed point
> to emulate a point light source. Once you have a basic shading pattern,
> you can use a texture map to provide different black-and-white textures
> for different shades of gray.

That's the basic idea.  I'm using a fixed point at the light's location for the
slope pattern and the usual aoi, so reflections work.

"Do these hatches make my hips look big?"
"No, dear.  And the Moire pattern becomes you."

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hatch_sphere_2011-12-22d.png' (149 KB)

Preview of image 'hatch_sphere_2011-12-22d.png'
hatch_sphere_2011-12-22d.png