POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling with icc 12.1 : Re: Compiling with icc 12.1 Server Time
15 May 2024 16:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling with icc 12.1
From: waggy
Date: 16 Dec 2011 20:05:00
Message: <web.4eebea9bdc656ac19726a3c10@news.povray.org>
"jhu" wrote:
> I was about to start over recompiling boost 1.47 and was in the middle of
> reinstalling it before I realized icc wasn't compiling most of it. So I went
> back and tried compiling povray 3.7 again, and now it works! I have absolutely
> no idea how that happened.

It may have nothing to do with your observation, but I was only able to
successfully build a fairly large mixed C/FORTRAN application, on two different
HPC Linux platforms, by alternating Intel and GNU toolsets between repeated
invocations of make.  When the hybrid executable actually worked, I had to
concede there must be something to those claims of "binary compatibility".