POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life 2011 vs IRTC 2002 : Re: Life 2011 vs IRTC 2002 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life 2011 vs IRTC 2002
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 6 Dec 2011 15:55:01
Message: <web.4ede8015c0059d175f46d5390@news.povray.org>
> On 03/12/2011 09:51 PM, Gilles Tran wrote:
> > http://blogs.reuters.com/fullfocus/2011/11/21/best-photos-of-the-year-2011/#a=97
>
> Is it wrong that this looks fake to me?
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Yes it looks like a fake a bit, or better like a rendering done with some
autodesk software. the professional softwares seems to seduce their users to a
certain style of images which seems to be the case here. But I say it seems to
be the case. If you look very close at the "life" picture from 2011 you will
find no repetitions in the windows, the balconies or other objects. So if it is
really a rendering - even with professional software - the author had done a lot
of effort to awoid this impression. May be he did, cause I have my problems to
believe his "Big Brother"-story, but I'm living in Germany and not in Korea. I
noticed a certain degree of perspective distortion but no focal blur. This
speaks for a rendering, but by the 800 ASA the photographer claimed to have used
this could be due to the graininess of his material. So I cannot judge, but the
similarity in concept to the picure of Genady Obukov is really striking.

Regards,
Michael