POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering... : Re: I give up rendering... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I give up rendering...
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Nov 2011 11:05:00
Message: <web.4ed25fa7341843079a1bcfb90@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> The definition of loser is thinking you're beaten before trying your
> best. Evolve as a POVer and when you think you are good, try even
> harder, try to be an expert and you can be an expert and then can't
> think of a way to render that Titanic then give up...

And what do you call one who looks at a joke and takes it seriously?

Surely enough povray can render real reflections and GI with more than 1 bounce
with radiosity -- though as the Crytek guys noted, 1 bounce is good enough for
movies. For bonus with povray folks, you could even render a complete CSG
Titanic made up from boxes and cylinders.  But surely enough the video shows how
amazing to be able to do it real time with graphics that look good enough
running on off-the-shelf hardware rather than some renderfarm.