POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indoor / Outdoor illumination : Re: Indoor / Outdoor illumination Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indoor / Outdoor illumination
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 21 Nov 2011 18:20:00
Message: <web.4ecadbc5d7525beb94d713cc0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> Excellent!

I agree, this is a really nice scene, Thomas. A couple of things that catch my
eye as being too "CG" are:

* the perfectly straight arch edges; a little beveling and random vertex
displacement would bring those to life a lot more.

* the bumpiness of the tile floor in the bright light seems overly displaced,
like I might stub my toe or cut my foot if walking in there barefoot.

That said, the composition, textures and lighting are great. The curtain
modeling, texturing, and translucency are perfect, and the background walls and
ground textures are quite realistic.

And thanks for the sanity tip about a bike tour. Wonderful idea; I could use
that myself...

Cheers :)
www.McGregorFineArt.com