POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! : Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic indoor radiosity - I still don't get it!
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 20 Nov 2011 20:50:01
Message: <web.4ec9ad244ccf544d85de7b680@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_=27Yadgar=27_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> But my learning curve is very, very flat... when I compare myself to
> [snip]

Whoops!  Comparing yourself to others is generally a bad move.

> Am 18.11.2011 19:26, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
>
> > You can do it again.  Just give it more time and effort.
>
> And that's the problem... I'm not used to giving effort (in any fields
> of life) anymore, effort just HURTS!

   Life is difficult.
                              --the Buddha

   This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths.  It is a great
   truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it.  Once
   we know that life is difficult--once we truly understand and accept
   it--then life is no longer difficult.  Because once it is accepted,
   the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.
                              --M. Scott Peck, M.D., _The Road Less Traveled_

> And when I try and try and try and
> even the 22nd attempt is the same failure as the first, then I wonder

This is an example of a "cognitive distortion."  See:
   http://psychcentral.com/lib/2009/15-common-cognitive-distortions/

Find a psychologist who practices cognitive behavioral therapy.  Avoid
psychoanalysis.

I personally have been impressed by your determination over the years.  Please
don't give that up!  Take it from someone who's struggled with clinical
depression for 20 years: as hopeless as your situation may *seem* to you today,
you will not always feel this way.