POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Error: Final Frame 0 is less than Start Frame 1049 : Re: Error: Final Frame 0 is less than Start Frame 1049 Server Time
5 May 2024 22:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error: Final Frame 0 is less than Start Frame 1049
From: D103
Date: 16 Nov 2011 04:10:01
Message: <web.4ec37ca9153ef325ae2687f0@news.povray.org>
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?= <fou### [at] pegeorg> wrote:
> Just wanted to render 1050 pictures for a scene.
>
> One notebook from 0 to 1049
> The other from 1049 to 0
>
> Hope in 12 hours, they have finished somewhere in the middle
>
> But seems POV does not like this idea.
>
> --

If I understand you correctly, you want to distribute the rendering between your
computers?

In which case you could use Subset_Start_Frame = 0 Subset_End_Frame = 524 for
your first computer, and Subset_Start_Frame = 525 Subset_End_Frame = 1049 for
your second computer in your ini file.

Have a read of this, too:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1#Animation_Options

Provided there isn't too much variation in the content of your scene, both
computers (assuming they are pretty much the same spec) should finish at about
the same time. If not, you can of course adjust the subset start/end.

Also, make sure the assumed_gamma is the same for both computers, otherwise the
output files will appear different, if I understand gamma correctly.

Regards, D103