POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod : Re: iPod Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod
From: gregjohn
Date: 8 Nov 2011 06:40:02
Message: <web.4eb914694da7074ff7bb1fbb0@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> Why would you want an iPod? (i'm not an apple hater, serious question)

The playlist I listen to on my commute is a random mix of:
i) Favorite songs on heavy rotation (but least recently played in this set)
ii) Bearable songs on light rotation (but least recently played)
iii) Podcasts (randomly selected from unplayed from about 20 subscriptions).

If I am playing it with family in the car and one podcast episode is too boring
for them, I can skip ahead, and the ipod remembers where I was, and next time I
play it, picks up where I left off.

Each day I want to go refresh the playlist (get new podcasts, get played songs
off of it), it can be as simple as one mouse click operation (that of eject when
complete) to finish it.

In contrast, when I was using Linux's podracer and an iRiver player, I was
always in fear that something might happen to my power, because I'd lose track
of what was played. And fuggettabout making complex playlists.

Does anything like this exist for Android/Linux? (I am an ex-apple hater,
serious question).   (Anyone suggesting Google Listen hasn't tried it: try
adding a subscription ,that doesn't show up on their crippled search engine, on
an Android device).