POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : iPod : Re: iPod Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iPod
From: gregjohn
Date: 7 Nov 2011 15:55:00
Message: <web.4eb844a04da7074fa00085090@news.povray.org>
> At the risk of sounding dumb... It is actually possible to operate an
> iPod without using iTunes? Or should I just go out and buy a real MP3
> player?

I've used a couple of linux apps,  podracer and I think ones like gpod or
hpodder, to manage music and podcasts on a very early version ipod (the white
2GB 2"x4" model).  But it's hopelessly clunky and I got tired of living the
ghetto.

The Apple capabilities of Smart Playlists (mixing unplayed podcasts and
least-recently-played music) do not exist to my knowledge in Linux or Android.