POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sphere_sweep object trace : Re: sphere_sweep object trace Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep object trace
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 31 Oct 2011 07:05:00
Message: <web.4eae7fed31f7e1e677e50e540@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Oh, pretty good. Got the 2D CA program just about completed, though I haven't
> worked on it for a couple of weeks. It's approximately 98.5% finished, however
> it's severely lacking a proper GUI. I should probably post it somewhere, since
> it's a very useful app.

Sweeeet! CA are so addictive.
I had to pause development of the various simulation programs I was working on,
but they do a *lot*. I'm not sure how recent the code I sent you is, but I'll
7z and send the source for them in a few days.

> Hmm, very neat. What will it be used for? Or are you just following an idea?

Well, I'm not entirely sure. I was initially trying to make a sphere_sweep based
pipe macro that could wrap all/portions of an object, but then I started chasing
butterflies with the idea, and here we are. :)

I will find something to do with it pretty soon though. Maybe I'll just post the
macros that "do stuff" at the core of this, because they are pretty useful
(especially the array function macros and object trace spline generator).

> What do you mean? Usually when you include all the correct files everything
> meshes smoothly.

I tried referencing .inc files from inside other .inc files and tried .mcr
files, but I kept getting weird messages that basically said pov couldn't find
the included file. These are not in the main include path, but I don't see why
that would have stopped it, since .inc files in the same folder as the pov file
calling them present no problem.

> Yeah, me too. But it's still a fun language. Some OOP functionality would be
> nice :/

Yes, it very much would be!