POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sphere_sweep object trace : Re: sphere_sweep object trace Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep object trace
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 22 Oct 2011 21:40:01
Message: <web.4ea36f6a31f7e1e6f8e75d050@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> Hows it going Sam? :)

Oh, pretty good. Got the 2D CA program just about completed, though I haven't
worked on it for a couple of weeks. It's approximately 98.5% finished, however
it's severely lacking a proper GUI. I should probably post it somewhere, since
it's a very useful app.

> Remind me to send you the code for the N-state N-dimensional CA [still not 100%
> done with it, work keepin me busy]...you will need MS XNA framework to run it >
though for the 3D window.

Sounds cool.

> > It's turning out to be an interesting study, especially that third image. Could
> > we get a closeup on that?
>
> Thanks, and yes. This is the full image. I'm not entirely satisfied with the >
superquads for lights, or the texture
on large grey bendy bit.

Hmm, very neat. What will it be used for? Or are you just following an idea?

> > You can transform vectors. Here's the way:
>
> >> snippage
>
> A-ha! Thanks man! I'll have to give those a shot.

No problem.

> Having difficulty getting include files to talk to eachother, so Vector.inc and
> Array.inc are merged curently [names are close to standard inc files because > they
extend their namesakes].

What do you mean? Usually when you include all the correct files everything
meshes smoothly.

> > That's what POV-Ray is good for: everything ranging from artistic works to > >
scientific visualization :)

> Thats why pov kicks so much arse. :)
> I do wish SDL was strongly typed though. Oh well. I'll live.

Yeah, me too. But it's still a fun language. Some OOP functionality would be
nice :/

~Sam