POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sphere_sweep object trace : Re: sphere_sweep object trace Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep object trace
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 21 Oct 2011 06:55:00
Message: <web.4ea14e8a31f7e1e677e50e540@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

Hows it going Sam? :)

Remind me to send you the code for the N-state N-dimensional CA [still not 100%
done with it, work keepin me busy]...you will need MS XNA framework to run it
though for the 3D window.

> It's turning out to be an interesting study, especially that third image. Could
> we get a closeup on that?

Thanks, and yes. This is the full image. I'm not entirely satisfied with the
superquads for lights, or the texture on large grey bendy bit.

The clear bendys remind me of bean noodles.

> You can transform vectors. Here's the way:

>> snippage

A-ha! Thanks man! I'll have to give those a shot.

Essentially all this file is consists of:
1) point cloud traced to object [vlength=0 and coincident points removed]
2) remaining points shuffled
3) fork to:
   3a) spline interpolation and generic object translation along spline macro
   3b) sphere sweep

A lot of neat reusable macros resulted from this experiment. All utility macros
return values/objects.

Having difficulty getting include files to talk to eachother, so Vector.inc and
Array.inc are merged curently [names are close to standard inc files because
they extend their namesakes].

> That's what POV-Ray is good for: everything ranging from artistic works to
> scientific visualization :)

Thats why pov kicks so much arse. :)
I do wish SDL was strongly typed though. Oh well. I'll live.

> ~Sam

Ian

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'toruscylinderconnection2011_2_big.jpg' (125 KB)

Preview of image 'toruscylinderconnection2011_2_big.jpg'
toruscylinderconnection2011_2_big.jpg