POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The world of Gancaloon: Zhin'ab (wip 1) : Re: The world of Gancaloon: Zhin'ab (wip 3) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The world of Gancaloon: Zhin'ab (wip 3)
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 20 Oct 2011 19:25:00
Message: <web.4ea0acc688559a4694d713cc0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> The next stage in the development.
>
> Thomas

This is really starting to come together nicely Thomas, I love the addition of
the village and all the trees scattered in there :)

To my eye, the background mountains could use a big fog boost for added
atmospheric perspective (maybe by moving them way back and scaling larger?). I
think that would really help to sell the size and distance. And the same, to a
lesser degree, for the midground mountain and forest across the water, so the
shadows are more desaturated (and the foreground more so by comparison). Some
ground fog might be nice too, especially over the water.

I'm curious what you're using to light this scene. Are you using radiosity, or
just ambient sky_sphere/light with straight ray-tracing?

Cheers,
Rob

www.McGregorFineArt.com