POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Any Linux recomendations? : Any Linux recomendations? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Any Linux recomendations?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 27 Sep 2011 15:10:00
Message: <web.4e821e8f920c2ded85de7b680@news.povray.org>
I've had Windows 7 less than 3 months, but I think that it's taken that time off
my life expectancy.  I can't figure out how to do things, it makes too many
decisions behind my back, it's always second-guessing me, and Micro$hit seems
adamantly opposed to the principle of least surprise.  And to tell the truth, I
miss all those unix finds and greps and seds.

But when I started looking into Linux, I found out about these things called
"distros."  My confusion may go up before my exasperation goes down.  Ubuntu
seems to be the big thing.  Any words, good or bad, about Ubuntu?  Any other
recommendations?