POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Monumental Failure (optical illusion) : Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion)
From: Eriban
Date: 16 Sep 2011 16:40:01
Message: <web.4e73b3424d45b5681475b100@news.povray.org>
Final update: For those interested, please find attached the final version of
this image, properly anti-aliased. I managed to get the rendering time down to
acceptable levels (2400x3600 in just under 24 hours). Two things did the trick.
The use of a light_group to avoid using an area light for the top part of the
image resulted in a significant speed up. Secondly, I noticed that I had been
using non-default anti-aliasing settings. I cannot remember changing it, but
restoring the threshold from 0.1 to 0.3 really helped, especially the parts of
the scene where rendering had slowed down to a crawl.

Once again thanks for all suggestions. These definitely helped to improve the
image.

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message