POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with bezier lathe reflection : Re: Problem with bezier lathe reflection Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with bezier lathe reflection
From: Solar Mike
Date: 30 Aug 2011 22:55:00
Message: <web.4e5da17e75da9c4f2bc08cef0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> "Solar Mike" <wem### [at] yahooca> wrote:
> > I was modelling a pop can using a couple bezier spline lathes and there is a
> > reflection that does not look right to me.  I am confident the segment
> > boundaries are straight but the reflection does not seem to match the curve.
>
> Have you tried clipping the lathe (or intersecting it) with plane { -z, 0 } to
> see if it looks straight from that point of view?

I have done that and it seems fine to me.  I've attached an orthographic view
straight on from the side.  It's not perfect by any stretch but it is pretty
close.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'popcan ortho detail.png' (83 KB)

Preview of image 'popcan ortho detail.png'
popcan ortho detail.png