POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Braid, Bastion and Beyond : Braid, Bastion and Beyond Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Braid, Bastion and Beyond
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 30 Aug 2011 10:25:01
Message: <web.4e5cf194e9027edd85627c70@news.povray.org>

games where your two options are to either make thirty-seven consecutive
perfectly timed jumps in insanely rapid succession or to just walk away. I
always just walk away.  I have had particularly bad experiences with games
(titles not popping into my head ATM) where you can play the game more than half

FFNG actually looks like the sort of thing I would enjoy, but hey, I got

to recommend for a while. The last game I played with any real enthusiasm was

Along with the afore mentioned NEED for games to be free of a high manual
dexterity requirement, there are just a few things I look for (which can be
surprisingly hard to find):

rather than a genre of entertainment.

2. Good value for price.  Cheap is good and free is better.  For $20.00, I want
a game to be pretty clever. For $40.00, I expect VERY clever.  For $60.00, we
had better be talking epic.

3. One or more of the elements I find entertaining: decent strategy and tactics,
challenging puzzles to solve, interesting stories to play through, opportunities
to DESIGN a character with an individual identity and personality.

I also tend to avoid MMOs. Several attempts at finding one that I could enjoy
have all ended in disappointment. If there is an MMO out there that one can just

scamming and back-stabbing have been the rule - with camaraderie and fair play

for those of you with lives) are right out. These ALWAYS draw the very worst the
online world has to offer.  Still, if anyone reading this has a suggestion,
Charlie Brown might just be dumb enough to run up and take one more kick at that

likeable yet gullible characters allows himself to be repeatedly duped despite
overwhelming evidence that the outcome is unlikely to vary.)

Mike C.