POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Monumental Failure (optical illusion) : Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion)
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 22 Aug 2011 09:25:00
Message: <web.4e5257f64d45b5685627c70@news.povray.org>
"Eriban" <pov### [at] spamgourmetcom> wrote:
> Hi all,...
>  Nevertheless, hopefully the resulting image is
> still interesting.
> Cheers,
> Erwin

Being a great Escher fan, I love it. One idea did occur to me that I'd like to
share. Many of Escher's illusions worked all the better for the fact that the
images were either monochromatic or rendered in a limited color palette. The
bright blue background, although appealing for such a scenic image generally,
may be wowrking against the illusion. The high-contrast diagonal between the
land and sea cuts right across the bit where the "trick" occurs and tends to
focus the viewer's attention just in the wrong spot.  As the various landscaping
elements used in the land area are quite attractive, why not use them for the
entire background and allow the illusion bit to blend in? Just a thought - great
image either way.

Best Regards,
Mike C.