POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Monumental Failure (optical illusion) : Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion)
From: Eriban
Date: 21 Aug 2011 15:40:01
Message: <web.4e515deb4d45b5681475b100@news.povray.org>
> I think it doesn't make a lot of difference. What I would expect
> to see is just a thin shadow as it would have been cast by the leftmost
> column were the object not impossible (I think this is also what Thomas
> meant). Gimped version attached for clarity.

Ah, I understand now. That gimped version finally caused the coin to drop.
Thanks. And yes, in retrospect, that's probably what Thomas meant as well. I had
been trying to fake a shadow of the horizontal top bar, as to me that seemed to
be the most correct, but apparently it did not work very well. It was only
confusing. So I assume the attached image is more to your liking?

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'failure-variant3.jpg' (309 KB)

Preview of image 'failure-variant3.jpg'
failure-variant3.jpg