POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Monumental Failure (optical illusion) : Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monumental Failure (optical illusion)
From: Eriban
Date: 21 Aug 2011 11:35:01
Message: <web.4e5125164d45b5681475b100@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> Very nice indeed.

Thanks.

> There is something about the shadows that need more work though, to make
> this even more convincing, in particular the left hand column.

Okay, assuming you did not mean the shadow cast by the column, but the shading
of the column itself, I spent some time trying to improve this. Attached is an
updated image. I also changed the shading of the right hand column, while I was
at it. Although the difference is fairly subtle, I think it's an improvement.
Hopefully you agree. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'failure-variant2.jpg' (309 KB)

Preview of image 'failure-variant2.jpg'
failure-variant2.jpg