POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curious perversions of IT : Re: Curious perversions of IT Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curious perversions of IT
From: Aydan
Date: 19 Aug 2011 10:35:00
Message: <web.4e4e74037e0755293771cd8e0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

It all depends on what you expect of the car/watch/whatever.
If you expect the car to take you from B to B with reasonable comfort and speed,

afford, that's purely for the showoffs ;o)
It will do so with a lot more comfort, speed and other amenities.
Ask yourself why you bought your car and not something for half the price,
assuming equal reliability and running cost. It's most likely comforts like
electric windows, radio, power steering, air conditioning.

quartz. Change the battery every few years and you're good to go.

probably still run perfectly in 100 or 200 years. It's also a question of
presentation. You wouldn't expect the CEO of a multi billion dollar enterprise
to go to a buissness meeting wearing a cheap plastic watch.

Why? Comfort again.
It's one with solar and DCF and date and weekday display and timezones and so
on.
So I'll never have to worry if it's showing the correct time or runs out of
battery.
I push a button and it'll tell me if it synced with the atomic clock last night.
Traveling outside my timezone? No problem. Change the timezone and the watch
automatically sets the right time and DCF Transmitter.

What it all comes down to:
How much are you willing to spend for some comfort, quality and uniqueness.

Regards
Aydan